Thursday, March 30, 2006

Escape!!!!




Got a wonderful gift from my HH for the big FIVE OH! A day spa package. This is the second time in my life he's presented me with this....last time was 4 years ago for Valentine's Day...(it worked...I'm still his sweetheart!)

A friend of mine was concerned about whether or not it would be fun to have strangers pampering you all day....let me just say this.....ummmmm.. YEEEESSSSS!

It was a whole day of living the life of, I don't know, someone besides a middle aged midwestern housewife. The day began with a mineral shower which was warm, good smelling (aromatherapy abounds in this place) and totally relaxing then I got a detoxifying bodywrap where they put all kinds of good smelling oils on me and wrapped me all up in blankets and gave me a head/face/and neck massage. Then they left me alone for 20 minutes to "rest"....dark quiet room, soothing music, .....I fell asleep.

After that I sat in a big fluffy robe and drank flavored water in a little room while my body regained some hydration. Next they took me to a room for my full body massage (60 minutes!) and exfoliation.....it was pure heaven! I was as soft as a baby's bottom after the exfoliation (believe me I've felt a few babies bottoms in my day!) Then I had lunch....a real SPA lunch! It was little tiny food on a big plate with lots of colors and textures and a book to read....again this was in a little room all of my own.

The afternoon was spent getting a facial, having my brows waxed, getting a pedicure, manicure, haircut, shampoo, and style and at the end of the day they did a makeup makeover on me. This experience was one of the BEST of my life as far as a one day excursion. I'll take this any day over shopping, camping, hiking, rock-climbing....you name it! It IS expensive, I have to say that and it's not something I would ask for every year but once every 4 or 5 YOU BETCHA!!!

As for being "touched" by strangers......maybe this isn't for every'body' but it's definitely for MINE! The staff is all women, fairly young and very very competent. They didn't talk to me unless I indicated I wanted to talk by speaking first (most of the day I was in such a relaxed state that talking would have taken REAL effort and I just didn't bother). They were very professional and the whole thing is done with your comfort, and modesty, totally considered. I never felt the least bit uncomfortable.

The only hard part of the entire day was getting in my car to go meet HH for dinner....I was so relaxed I was afraid I wouldn't be able to drive!

I CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!! And feel free to use the link above to drop a hint to your sweetie on your next birthday...... you'll love me for it! : )

3 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

That gift sounds awesome!! I have never done the spa thing so I envy you :) I came this close to getting a pedicure once. But my sweet husband fills up our foot bath thing every once in awhile and gives my tired toes a rub - that's close right? And in a few weeks, I'll see my sister (who recently graduated from Massage Therapy school) and she's promised to give me a massage. At seven months pregnant, I'm sure that will feel great!!

My favorite part of you description was - well frankly I'm torn - the rooms all to yourself or the utter and absolute quiet. Both sound like a little bit of heaven right now. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!

Sarah said...

You had my dream day! I'm so jealous!

Grammy said...

That sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing. I feel a little more relaxed after just reading about it.