Thursday, April 20, 2006

We're still planting those trees....(Sorry I got you confused Grammy....I'm not done with the season.......rather , just starting it....bummer!), we will have planted almost eighty three THOUSAND trees by the time we're done .... about a month from now. When I put it in writing like that, I want to cry! We can usually plant between three and four thousand a day but of course it's all dependent upon equipment and weather, two things we have little control over (sometimes I think we have more control over the weather than the equipment!)

ANYWAY....how boring.....the last thing I want to talk about is WORK! The thing I really want to talk about is food.....

There's been a change in life around here. HH was screened for diabetes recently (just routine, it runs in his family) and although he's very active, not overweight, and healthy as can be ....at least on the surface....the doctor says he needs to lower his cholesterol. Since we've already been trying to modify our diets to reduce impact on blood sugar, this will be a double challenge .....

So far I've got it narrowed down to what we can't eat:

Red Meat
Butter, Margarine, Shortening
Cheese
Sugar, Honey, Maple Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup White Flour, White Potatoes, White Bread
Whole Milk
Cookies
Cakes
Eggs
Ice Cream
Whipped Cream, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese
Soda
Artificial Coloring
Processed Foods
Smoked Foods
Fast Foods
Yummy Foods
Cinnabons!



And what we can eat:


Fish but only if we catch them ourselves in pure water under humane conditions (I'm not sure how we're going to kill them..............).

Vegetables if fresh, grown on a Certified Organic farm where the workers are not illegal aliens, and consumed raw within 42 seconds of detachment from the mother plant.

Fruits that aren't too high on the GI index (still have to figure that one out)

Grains if stored in a warehouse certified pesticide free (does that include rodents?) and shipped in refrigerated boxcars directly to an air conditioned facility ... apparently grains lose their vitamins above a certain temperature (whew......the pressure for those FARMERS!)

Fat Free Organic Milk but ONLY that sold in cardboard cartons.
AND FOR DESSERT!!!!!???????

Knox Gelatin (no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives....just good old boiled down RANGE FED cows hooves!) and Water ...not flavored but filtered, distilled, and certified pure to 99.999999997%


I've got a feeling I'm going to BE THIN!!!!!! : )



P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAUGHTER NUMBER 2! I'll have a special post just for you tomorrow.......... YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sure Love ya!

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Oh, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. I really should do the same. My darling friend is in town this week and we are an evil influnece on each other...but man have we been having some fun EATS! Next week I'll join you in the diet and excercise routine. I promise.

Sarah said...

I have no idea how you are going to do that! Good luck. I wouldn't last a day!

Blackeyedsue said...

I sympathize with your dh. My blood is goo too. I have high cholesterol at the ripe old age of 28. It isn't fun changing how you eat. I'm sorry. I have only changed a few things, ground turkey instead of beef, no red meat, oatmeal for breakfast, Granny Smith's wheatn'n'fiber bread, and TONS of water and amazing amounts of fruits and veggies (alas, with no butter...sigh). I am doing a regimine of red yeast rice, garlic with coQ10 and fish oil. I sometimes successfully workout 30 minutes a day. I have lowered my level by 40 points in a year (got the results yesterday). Good luck with this. If you need any other ideas, e-mail me.

Bright One said...

Thanks so much to all of you for your suggestions (and sympathy!)