Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A few thoughts...

I hardly have time to blog today, just a minute or two while the water tank is filling on the truck.

I was thinking last night about the little "thoughts" I've collected over the course of my 50 years, some from friends, some from lessons at church, some from my own little head in response to some situation or other...here's a sampling:

If you don't have anything good to say.....think harder!

You're always an example, to someone.

Good deeds always come back to you, bad ones have a way of spreading out further and further from you (sobering thought huh?)

If you act happy pretty soon you will be.

If you want to have a friend, be a friend.

Nothing is harder than trying to take back something you said.

You will never be happier than you expect to be.

.....along those same lines:

People generally live up to your expectations of them, good or bad!

Hope you all have a great day today.....and that you contribute to someone else having a great day!

Sure Love Ya!

Helen

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the thoughts! It is a nice way to start the day!

Patti said...

Great ideas mom...I know that you are a great friend, that is why you have lots!

Chanielce Chacon said...

Greetings from the other side of the globe!!!
I'm fond of blog hopping and here I am, giving comments to a wise blogger.
Anyway, your thoughts and learnings from the past 50 years are imbued with impeccable truths.You really sound positive and inspirational at the same time.
I might as well contribute something I learned:

"If you can perceive it...you can achieve it"

"A journey of a mile begins with a single step"

"True courage is not being rash and headstrong; its acknowledging and feeling fear first and eventually mustering enough strenght and guts to rise above it"

"No guts no glory"

"Experience is the best teacher"

All of the things I've stated above are the things I've learned , comtemplated and experienced in its truest sense. Keep on blogging and Sayonara!!!

Grammy said...

I guess I'm not feeling very positive today, because all I can think of in the way of sage advice is: "If at first you don't succeed. Take a nap and worry about it later."