Monday, February 13, 2006

This blog will be about

ME! I am a woman, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. Last year I didn't write anything about myself in my family Christmas letter. When my family asked me about it, I said it was because I didn't have anything to say about myself. But my family knows better. They know that I have lived a life fuller than most. I have built a dream house, I have driven a tractor, I have been to Disneyworld more times than I can count, I have taught young women and old women, I have mourned, I have exercised, I have laughed so hard my cheeks pushed the button on the phone and hung up on my daughter, I have read, I have danced, I have nurtured, I have loved, I have worked, I have baked, I have written poems, I have started novels, I have encouraged, I have scolded, I have listened, I have sewn temple dresses, I have watched soccer games and plays, I have shipped my rolls and cookies overnight to homesick children, I have driven across the country, I have been married 20+ years, I have driven to seminary every morning at 5:15 listening to oldies, I have prayed, I have mailed care packages, I have said "I won't be bossed!", I've done it all and much more.

I have done things. I have accomplished things. And here is where I will remind myself and anyone else who wants to know...This is me! And don't you forget it!

No comments: