Friday, September 29, 2006

Inside a mother's fevered brain.....

Okay, so "Tiny" has been back at college for just about a month. Every couple of days I get a phone call that starts out with "Mom, guess what I did today!!!"

After the first one I learned to be careful.....the conversation went like this....

Tiny: "Mom, guess what I did today?!"

Me: "Oh, I don't know...tell me" (first mistake)

Tiny: "I jumped off a bridge"

ME: 'YOU WENT BUNGEE JUMPING?!"

Tiny: "Sheesh, no mom, we didn't use bungee cords we just jumped!"


Me: "Oh....." (I'm sure I said more but at this point it would have been my mouth in automatic as my mind frantically pictured this..........)











Next phone call?

Tiny: "Mom, guess what I did today"

Me: "...........You jumped off another bridge?" (You'd think I'd learn the first time).

Tiny: "NO....silly, ......I went Kayaking!"

Me: "Oh....." (my mind takes off.....)

Today she sent me "her" pictures (the above were ...thank goodness.....only in my imagination.....)

Bridge jumping:

And, of course, Kayaking:

From now on our conversations are going to go like this:

Tiny: "Guess what I did today mom?"

Me: "No time to talk honey, just send me a picture! : )"

Okay, a little cold but definitely worth it in terms of sleep and the length of my daily prayers!

Mom out!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Oiiy, can they freak us out? Will the mother-worry never stop? I think not!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would still be scared to jump off of the real bridge!

Luckily for my frenzied mind my kids are still little! I can't imagine worrying about bigger problems yet!

smart mama said...

yep somethings are best not left to the imagination