Thursday, August 10, 2006

Things I love Thursday!

How can I possibly come up with things I love EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY you might ask? Well, I don't know, I guess because I have a lot of things......and the things I have I tend to love, and there seem to be more and more things all the time. Who knew there would be so many wonderful things?

But today I don't want to write about any of them because I have to tell you the most interesting news! Have you heard about McDonald's new line of light hamburgers? Ahhhh, I thought not, neither had I but I've had one, it was light and I feel obligated to share the news.

Actually, I have to admit that I'm not really a McDonald's fan....(although the french fries always make me think fondly of my grandma and grandpa) I have read way too many articles about the dire consequences of a Mickey D's diet and I'm not into commercials enough to know when they offer anything new so I"m probably McDonalds deficient......

You can imagine my surprise then to find something this innovative! I was on may way (in a hurry) to pick up D3 and I hadn't eaten in about 18 hours (too busy, nothing in the house, etc) I WAS STARVING! Bad position to be in anyway for a person trying to watch her caloric intake. Well, there was a McD ....right on the way! I wrestled with myself trying to decide whether to eat, or risk a possible car accident when I dropped dead at the wheel from starvation.

I make a quick decision and pulled into the drive through only to realize, too late, that I didn't have a dime on me! I dug around in the console of the car and under the floor mats and came up with 83 cents! Perfect, a hamburger only costs 69!!! I made my guilty little purchase and drove happily away. I'd driven only a short distance when I took that first bite. It tasted, well, different, ..............so I peeked inside the bun to be greeted by two and a half pickle slices, ketchup, mustard and ...I think chopped onions. No meat. Hm. What did I expect for 69 cents? I don't know, for some reason it nagged at me.....I just had to turn around (spending probably 45 cents in gas) and drive back to ask about this one.

When I walked up to the counter I was greeted by a cheery little McD employee who asked if she could help me. I laid open the bun and smiled.....she looked at it, looked at me, and smiled back! I asked if this was the "diet"burger. She hollered over her shoulder to the kitchen "Hey, who made that last hamburger in the driveup?!" A little black face peeked out from behind the wall then quickly disappeared but it was too late, we'd seen him. Salesgirl grabbed him and asked for an explanation....he just said "Sorry lady, you know...... this stuff'll kill you" (my worst suspicions confirmed). I got a new, fully loaded, calorie laden burger at no charge, justice prevails!

Just thought I should pass the word that contrary to popular rumors, McDonald's IS concerned about our waistlines and they're bold enough to do something about it! (Better check those buns!)


4 comments:

Grammy said...

That is hysterical. For the longest time I thought you were telling me that McD's had a wonderful healthy line of food that I could eat on my new diet. Alas, just some little minimum-wage schmo messing up.

But I'm glad you didn't pass out, just the same.

sweet mama entropy said...

And all this time they've been telling us it's the bun that's bad. Now I'm so confused :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Bright One, I Love you!!! Whenever I am feeling a bit down, I know I can read your blog and be cheered up instantly! I wish I had gotten your creative genious in my genes, alas, I only have the self doubt, worried gene that passes down far too easily! You make my day everytime I talk to you or read your blog! You are truly a gift to the world! Love you, your baby sister. (the one you like, who never causes you anxiety or worry :)

BrookeJean said...

This post is classic. I am very much in love with the Mcdonalds fries dipped in a vanilla ice cream cone. (A little strange, yes) So whenever anyone disses McD's I always have to defend their fries and Ice Cream. I will fight for them until the end. (Which may be sooner then I would like if I keep eating them as much as I do!)