Thursday, August 24, 2006

As they say, life has it's ups and downs.....

Point in fact............short study of my recent life:



HH stays home for a full week (AND long enough to see D3's first day of school) before being called out to another fire.



HH leaves for new fire the day before D3 has her first soccer game and 4 days before D2 comes home for a visit (he hasn't seen her since Christmas)

New "Toto"model basket arrives for my bike, along with speedometer to gauge my success in terms of distance and speed! Day one finds me making a 10 mile ride to the hardware store to save gas.....and amazingly enough I made it!!!




While on said ride I lose my wallet containing one credit card, my ATM card, my Mastercard Debit, and almost worst of all.....my Driver's License (making the well thought out statement "Ask for I.D." on every card completely useless! ) I can't help picturing the commercials for CitiBank.........and wondering if some large tattooed man is buying a new Harley.






Although person who finds wallet is not honest enough to return it, he IS quick and immediately opens an Ebay account using my stolen credit card....Ebay sends me an e-mail so I can cancel cards in time.


Ever hopeful that my new Driver's License can be procured BEFORE I have to pick up D2 at the Airport , I rush to DMV only to discover I haven't worn much makeup,.......once again my I.D. will serve as deathrow mugshot should I ever need one.


D2 arrives safely and my pretty much empty nest is a little less empty for the next week.........here's to the intermittent joys of motherhood!



I struggle after reading through the talk I'm giving in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday realizing it seems boring and uninspired.


D1 calls to chat and we discover she's giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday too and.........I couldn't believe it.......she has the same topic! (I'm saved!) Not that I'd ever steal her talk.....but inspiration can come from anywhere right? : ) Hurry up with those notes honey!

Unfortunately one of the reasons D2 is home is to have her wisdom teeth pulled .....we take her in for the "preliminaries" and get the happy news that since this is a straight forward routine procedure and there are no foreseeable problems the cost will only be $1500 ....I am SO glad! (I force myself to be quiet and not explain that I assume for that price we also get pain free surgery,immediate recovery, and lip plumping!)

Church has a VERY successful blood drive and they happily accept my formerly anemic, now acceptable sample. .... I get a free T-Shirt in XXXXXL and this little badge of honor for my efforts (I do mention to them that they'd get much more business if they provided on-site pedicures, free cholesterol screening and a neck massage while you wait......those people have NO humor).





Take D2 on bike ride this morning, nearly kill her and have to bike home "on the double" to get the car and pick her up. (Did I mention she's a 110 pound weakling!) All the exertion makes my blood letting wound from yesterday hurt and my fingers go numb (I hope I haven't sprung a leak!)


Arrive home from above rescue mission to find FedEx in my drive with 3 dozen roses from my sweet HH who knows the ups and downs sometimes seem overwhelming! I love you honey!!!



5 comments:

Patti said...

How did you almost kill D2?! Poor thing!

Sarah said...

You biked 10 miles!!! Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.

Gabriela said...

I love your little basket! Sorry you lost your wallet, that is my nightmare. What a sweet husband!

Code Yellow Mom said...

Loved teh arrows - this was such a clever post!!!

Hope the talk goes well!

The Toto basket is awesome!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am laughing and crying. Don't you just love this crazy roller coaster ride we call life?