Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pay It Forward Meme

I've requested something, so:

Pay It Forward:

I will send a handmade (or internet) gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment here on my blog. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, but you will receive it within 365 days. The only thing you have to do in return is "pay it forward" by making a similar agreement on your blog.I will either:
1. Make and mail to you within 12 months a physical object of my choice.
2. Write out in a style of my choosing (journal style, poem, spy novel, fairy tale, whatever) a memory of the two of us together.

Thanks to The Pink Factor for this great opportunity!

4 comments:

Amazed said...

I can't WAIT to see what you are going to write about our relationship! But i love "Play It Forward." You need to get the children's book Totally Ordinary Mary by Emily Pearson (Carol Lynn Pearson's daughter)II think that is the name....)

Bright One said...

Okay Amazed, here goes:

Amazed is a term that’s often used in surprise
But for me it means more than what meets the eyes.
You see “Amazed” is a person, a woman it’s said.....
Who’s kept me from thinking my writing’s not read!

After months of not blogging, because of a block
She came by and gave my E-door a knock.
Thanks to her prompting I knew right that day
Seven months, for me, was a long time away.

So I took up my keyboard and started anew.
A little note here, till it steadily grew.
She reminded me that it’s a joy, not a job
to write a few thoughts once a week on my blog.

For this and much more I thank her today
She’s a part of my life, Yup she’s here to stay
And paying it forward can be anything
from a card in the mail to a song you can sing.

I chose to try and say it here, in this way
Relationships are formed, brand new every day!
And whether or not you meet face to face
Means little, when in a heart you’ve a place.

Thanks “Amazed” ....cause EVERYONE needs a fan!

Sarah said...

What style would you like me to write in? You get to choose on mine!

Amazed said...

I just realized I hadn't commented on your fa-bu-lous poem to me! And I realized I said "Play" it forward. Duh. And I think Emily's book is "Not-So-Ordinary Mary"....