Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Challenges come with blessing attached!

Well I could be talking about Seminary....it IS a lot of work but I LOVE it! I hesitate to even say that because every time I've LOVED a calling something happens and I get moved! Oh well I can't help myself.....I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!

What I really meant by challenge was my new exercise regimen. I had to totally revamp my routine since I can no longer exercise a) at home before Seminary, or b) in the gym while I'm waiting for D3 to get out of Seminary. Soooooo...I decided I had to try something new and different than what I'm used to and that means running. I am NOT a runner. I HATE running, I don't like gasping for air. BUT.......when I went to Girls Camp this spring I tented with two leaders who had taken up running, both of them had been regular exercisers just like me but once they started running they won the weight battle........that's what I want....VICTORY, SWEET VICTORY!

Anyway, I started last Thursday and I've been running 2.5 miles every morning (I know it's only 4 days ....I don't run on Sunday.....but for me this is a breakthrough of gargantuan proportions!). Next week I'll try to make it 3 and eventually work up to 5 every day. I've done it before on the treadmill but real running is SO different! Anyway I am quite proud of myself because 1) I'm not dead, and 2) there's a blessing with this challenge and I've discovered it!

I don't think I ever really appreciated the setting I live in until I started running the 1/2 mile circuit on our driveway........frankly how could you NOT enjoy this:

AAAAAAHHH The Beauty of Nature! (Almost makes me forget my thighs are rubbing together!) : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazingly beautiful! Good luck!

Patti said...

good luck running mom! We should do a 5k together sometime!