Friday, August 31, 2007

Senility...my old friend...it's good to see you again!

Oh gosh I had the worst experience of my life....well maybe the worst of my day....it went something like this:

After a long and busy day I decided to double-task (I'm not quite up to multi-task level yet) and brush my teeth while checking my e-mail before bed. I have one of those high tech electric toothbrushes (the dentist talked me into it) ......anyway I was reading and brushing and after the 2 minute cycle was up the toothbrush shut off but I wasn't done reading so I restarted it (I guess so I'd have something to do while reading (wierd).

Anyway a few seconds later, I got up, went into the bathroom to rinse and spit, and the toothbrush wouldn't shut off. The problem being that you can't take it out of your mouth until it stops or it will fling toothpaste hither and yon (trust me, I know!). I kept pushing the button, pushing the button, it just wouldn't go off (I had visions of brushing my teeth to smooth little stubs).

About the time I was ready to give in to the urge to swear I noticed that the button I was pushing wasn't the button.............it was the light switch!!!! I KNOW!!!! HOW can a person confuse a switch on the wall with a button on a toothbrush.........I have no idea!!! My synapses are obviously hopelessly tangled......

The really wierd thing is it didn't even register that the light was going off an on....this is SO terribly SAD!!!!

Enough laughing at me.....check out this lady's predicament (and thanks to The Pink Factor for providing comic relief) At least my embarrassment was entirely my own....not a witness in sight!

Sure love ya!

3 comments:

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh! So funny! So like something I would do! Scary, isn't it?!

Patti said...

It's not so bad, you figured it out before you called for hel, right? :)

Gabriela said...

very funny!!! :)