Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh my goodness it's been a long time!....

Well, I'm back from my many, and varied, family escapades. I had a wonderful trip with lots of .....ummmmm.....interesting happenings.....you probably thought nothing could be more interesting than a traveling porta-potty but check out my dumpster adventure! (Please click here to read Tiny's description of the event......why use up space and brain power needlessly?)

While spending time with "Tiny" I attended her award ceremony where she was presented with lst place (AND a $1000 check!) in the Intermountain Design Awareness Event for her original area rug design. She won lst place!!! It was wonderful, I was so glad I could be there with her. I called to tell HH the news and he immediately told me to find out how to buy one.....

"In fact, we might want to buy two of them so we can give one to her"

(he's so generous!) I told him I thought it might be as much as $500......he still thought it was worth it.

After all the press pictures were taken of her standing before the rug (they sent her design to Nepal to have it reproduced in 100% wool and silk) I snuck up and looked at the label on the back.....it just so happened to also include the retail price for the 4' X 6' rug...... to make a long story short I called HH right back and asked how he would feel about buying 1/2 a rug! Obviously I shop in an entirely different world (Target, Bed/Bath/Beyond, etc) because they nearly had to sweep me from the floor when I saw the $1400+ price tag. I hope some wealthy families enjoy it immensely!.......you can purchase Hannah's rug from "Artifacts" in Salt Lake City...(please call me to come visit!)

Also spent a wonderful week in Jacksonville, FL with Nutella and her sweet husband, I felt like I was at a resort. Their condo is beautiful, they have a gorgeous pool and a gym so I could work off all the calories from SIL's "real" italian cooking. We got to see a picture of the baby too....Nutella had her first sonogram ..... didn't find out whether it's a boy or a girl but it's definitely got all the necessary and expected parts otherwise!

We (Daughter #3) and I came home to an empty house (HH got called to a forest fire in Montana 4 days before we got back...: ( , lots of mail, a lawn that needs mowed, an extremely fat cat (I thought she was normal till I saw regular cats!), and an assignment from the Bishop to talk on the 27th of August so I have plenty to keep me busy.

I have missed reading all your blogs and plan to catch up on that ASAP in my "spare" time.

Sure Love Ya!

3 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

That sounds like a fun trip - or succession of trips! I'm glad you had such a nice time. And I'm glad Nutella's doing well. I've been missing her fun posts, but can understand what with morning sickness and moving. Also missed hearing from you regularly! It's good to have you back again. Good luck with your talk!

Grammy said...

Welcome back. I've missed you. I'm sorry about "the Great Car-keys in the dumpster adventure" but so glad that Tiny was willing to step up and take the dive for you. Hope your HH is soon home safe and sound!

Sarah said...

Yea! You're back!