Thursday, July 27, 2006

Things I love Thursday!

I'm always anxious to get to Thursday so I can share ..... SO here are a few of my favorite things (are you singing along with Julie Andrews in your head...?)



Magnetic spice tins....I LOVE these things. They hang right on the side of my refrigerator next to the stove. They actually come with a little countertop rack but half the reason I REALLY loved them was because they didn't have to take up countertop space. The lids twist on and off AND have a sift or pour feature so you don't have to take the lid off at all except to refill. An added bonus?....they're beautiful! (I got mine at Lowe's but you can find them on-line too, be sure to check the lids for the sift and pour feature as some don't have it).

How about an zero-gravity chair for total relaxation?
I have seen these around for years but the prices were ridiculous. I'm glad I waited (I just got two on sale at Target for an unbelievable price!). Besides, I kept telling myself they weren't that much different from the lounge chairs I already had on the deck. Boy was I wrong! My dad got one for Father's Day and when I tried it I was IN HEAVEN. Mine are a beige mesh which is great because water dries quickly (I think the picture here is a canvas type) Two great things about them......one, the adjustable pillow....this chair is comfortable for everyone! Two, unlike lounge chairs, these sit high up, you don't have to crawl into them, they feel just like a recliner....LOVE them! (P.S. This, unfortunately, is NOT my pool...I don't have a pool, but if I did my chairs would look great next to it!)

And finally, I think I remember establishing the fact that favorite things could include food.....well THIS is my favorite. I have been known to fly to Wyoming and bring back tubs of this in my luggage! Cox's Creamed Honey. It's the best honey in the world.....really!

I now buy it on-line (because it's cheaper than buying an airplane ticket) but I'd drive out there if I had to. Try it if you can find it, if you can't check it out on-line here and remember it's the creamed honey you want!

Enjoy! (P.S. Share with me some of your favorites!)

4 comments:

Code Yellow Mom said...

Is there such a thing as spice jar envy? I think I have it.

And I LOVE creamed honey, too. Used to get it a lot when I lived in No. Utah. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Blackeyedsue said...

LOVE creamed honey! I drive to Logan quite frequently to buy it in bulk.

I've gotta get me some spice jars!

Millie said...

Oh man, I need those spice jars bad.

My grandparents had a deck chair like that. I didn't know they were so cool - my grandparents had one, for crying out loud.

Grammy said...

I am CRAZY about your magnetic spice bottles. I've got to get me some of those! And I have those charis (Mother's Day last year) and they are as comfy as anything. And oh, yeah. Dang! You made me start craving sweets again, with your creamed honey talk!