Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeeeee~




For the fifth time today I’ve answered the question "Do you feel any older?" the same way.........










"I don’t know , it’s so hard to really know how one feels when one is so totally
consumed with just getting through a day without breaking a hip."



Honestly, I don’t feel all that bad....even at my "advanced" age I can still feed myself, drive my own car, navigate a room without the use of a walker, and miracle of miracles----remember my own name on almost every occasion.




I thought I’d cheer myself up and relive a few accomplishments of the past year, let’s see now.....




Well......... there was that time last summer...... I won the Happiest Camper award when my outhouse (as in "mine at that particular moment") was picked up by a forklift and loaded on a truck....yup, I was one Happy Camper!




I became a grandma....I know, you might be saying "Well now sweetie, technically that’s not your accomplishment ....it’s your daughters’..... but I say......just try getting a baby without having a mother yourself!! (Never thought about it that way did you? I didn’t think so.) As I said.....major accomplishment!




I lost 26 pounds ... I think that’s right.....ummmm, let’s see now, .... 2 pounds X 13 times = Yup! 26 pounds! Move over Kirstie!!!




I gave up coloring my hair......now I just go ahead and color all of them.




I decided to spend the year coming to terms with my limited memory and now I just go with it and enjoy those little surprises each day.........."Oh my gosh, we have three children?!"




Oh yeah, I also became a devotee of Yoga........and, (not so) coincidentally, the hot tub!







All in all life at 51 isn't so bad and I guess I’ll just keep on living it in spite of all the anti-aging products out there (I can’t for the life of me figure out why someone would want to stop aging at 25......I mean, and I totally might be missing something here but, wouldn’t that mean you died?)




Sure love ya!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! You are too funny!

Anonymous said...

You always have the best comebacks...such quick wit! thanks for the smile:)

Amazed said...

What happened to you? I'm a new "lurker"..found you on LDS women bloggers and loved what you have shared....and then you disappeared....Is this what happens when you turn 50? I promise you, there is still life!

Amazed at constantgrowingamazement.blogspot.com