Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mommy's.....they're the greatest!

I got this in an e-mail from my dad.....it made me laugh so, although it technically isn't a post from me, I hope it makes your day!

THE MOMMY TEST
I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up somethingoff the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my daughter asked."Because it's been laying outside, you don't know where it's been,it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied. At this point, mydaughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How doyou know all this stuff?"

"Uh," I was thinking quickly, "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering
this new information.

"OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy.""Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.


Oh, and thank goodness for little children, who make us laugh in spite of ourselves!...........

"Dear Lord," the preacher began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..." He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little girl (who was listening carefully) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"
Church was pretty much over at that point...

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Elozia Marie said...

Thank you for making me laugh today! I'm going to have to send the mommy test one to my DH :)

Gabriela said...

Too cute!!

Blackeyedsue said...

LOL!!! These were a lot of fun!

Blackeyedsue said...

These were a hoot! Thank you for sharing!