Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vacation's coming!

We're off to Florida!!! Day after tomorrow! What does that mean? In general it means I'm excited to see "Nutella" and family (with a little side-trip to Disneyworld) but specifically it means......I'm a mess! I always feel overwhelmed just before vacation. It seems there are so many things to get done before I go. We hadn't even done our Visiting Teaching yet this month!!!

I NEVER pack till the day before, I just can't face it.....so I'll do that tomorrow (no sense changing my old annoying habits now, they've become like good friends!). So, today I cleaned the fridge, took care of the bills, deposited checks, caught up on office work and laundry. Tomorrow I'll clean the catbox (eeeewww!), pack for myself, make lists of what D3 should pack, stop the mail, clean the leaves off the pond, clean out the car, buy any last minute necessities, get my nails done and then I can panic!

I don't have the slightest idea why leaving affects me this way but I feel anxious most of the time. Once I'm on the plane the feeling leaves but till then ...Oh the nerves!

Last night for Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkins......kind of a theme thing in honor of visiting Disneyworld this week.....really this was totally unplanned but I think they turned out great...

Mickey (by HH), Cinderella (by D3) and Cinderella's Castle (by Moi!)

What's the gospel centered theme here you ask?

Well , let me tell you what our "treat" was.....Chocolate Lava Cakes.

Now can you guess?.....No?.............okay, here goes!

"Real Beauty comes from inside!"......huh? It is too gospel oriented!!! Okay, maybe not so much, but that's the best we could do......

It seems we've been so busy for weeks, lots to do but not much to show for it once you're done, if you know what I mean. It doesn't exactly bode well for the upcoming holidays. They seem to come on so quickly and there's so much going on that you barely have time to enjoy them. If there's ever a seminar given about how to get through the Holidays and actually enjoy every minute then I'm going to be the first one to sign up. There are so many things I love about the Thanksgiving and Christmas but that's generally the whole problem....so many things.....not enough time to do them all, let alone do them all in a meaningful way.

Nutella called this morning and they had record lows in Florida last night....the coldest night in 100 years or some such nonsense.....wouldn't you know, just when I'm hoping to go there for vacation the weather turns decidedly "Indiana-like". I don't care, I'm just going to pack my earmuffs and brace myself for the cold water at the end of Splash Mountain!

See you all soon.....Oh, and I may just have to write a "favorite things Wednesday" blog tomorrow since I won't be here on Thursday.....

Sure Love ya

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Have fun! Tell Nutella and JD hi for me, and kiss the belly!

Elozia Marie said...

I hope you have a great trip! That moulton cake picture now has left me with a major craving - YUM! And those pumpkins? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I always get all worked up before trips too. You just have to make it the plane (or car)! Have fun. Tell Nutella hi for me too.